Friday, July 12, 2013

What A Lot Of Bull

   And in Pamplona, Spain, 3 people found out the hard way. The annual "Running of the Bulls" festival (which could also be called the Running of Potential Darwin's) is in full swing. And an American and 2 Spaniards were on the receiving end of a couple thousand pounds of pissed off prime rib. They were all gored as they ran down the streets of the town, with the bulls in hot pursuit. One of them had "minor" injuries. Three other runners were also injured, likely due to falling on the cobblestones.
   I do get what the whole event is about. It's a huge adrenalin rush for those taking part. Plus the thrill of dicing with death. I've had enough close calls with the Grim Reaper without putting myself in front of several enraged bovines. And I can still run. I recently did a mile in less than 4! Admittedly it was 4 HOURS, but I still did it under 4.
   As for "Running with the Bulls", I think I'll pass on that. It's true I like my steak on the rare side, but not quite that rare!
   'Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment