Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Move Over Krispy Kreme Burger

   There's a new contender out there vying for your fast food dollars. It's the cronut burger. A cronut is a hybrid cross between a croissant and a donut, and, like the Krispy Kreme, serves as the "bun" for a hamburger. Now, I wouldn't mind trying a cronut, but not as part of a burger. And in case you were wondering, the only place you can get this monstrosity is at the Canadian National Exhibition in Toronto. Thank fuck for that!
   In the past, the CNE has offered artery hardening fare like deep fried butter, deep fried pizza and deep fried chocolate bars. I just wonder of you can get the cronut burger deep fried. I also wonder if it comes in a coffin shaped container, 'cause if you eat too many of these, you'll need a funeral.
   I do get the fact that it's at the CNE, and I do get the fact it's billed as a specialty item, but still.....no thanks!
   And I'd guess it won't be too long before someone decides to one-up Krispy Kreme and serve a cronut Sloppy Joe. Again, no thanks. I like the slow, steady 70 beats a minute my heart runs at right now, and if I want to elevate that, I'll go for a walk. Right past the cronut burger stand.
   'Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment