Wednesday, August 14, 2013

I Think I'm Going To Be Sick

   And what's got the barf bucket on stand-by is a new snack making it's debut in Japan. Now, I'm all for having a few Cheetos now and then, and washing then down with a fizzy soda. But not combined. Yup! Pepsi flavored Cheetos have hit snack food shelves in the Land of the Rising Sun. And, apparently, the proper formal name is "Frito Lay Cheetos x Pepsi Shuwa Shuwa Cola Corn Snack".  Basically, it's Cheetos covered in cola powder. Oh, my fucking god!
   But then, why not? They already have wasabi flavored Kit-Kat bars, among other odd things. Some of their candy is a bit intriguing. There's some you can actually turn into what looks like sushi, although it does require quite a bit of mixing and effort to get the end result. And while it's either grape or cherry flavored, once properly prepared it sure looks like the real magilla.
   And really, when you look at things like the Krispy Kreme burger or Sloppy Joe, or the donut-croissant hybrid "cro-nut" burger being sold in Canada, is it really that weird? Or for that matter, hedgehog flavored crisps in Britain? Yeah, it is.
   And if you were wondering, yes. You can buy some in Canada. Through e-bay at $3.99 a pop. Will I try it? Even though I'm a bit adventurous when it comes to food....no. If I want Cheetos washed down with a cola, well, I'll just get the above mentioned items and enjoy them. Separately.
   'Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment