Wednesday, June 26, 2013

She Should Buy A Lottery Ticket

   Or maybe 2. Seems a woman in Saskatchewan was struck by lightning while driving to Regina. She says she saw a blinding flash, and smelled burning. Her trunk opened, the car lights flashed, but she wasn't hurt.
   And this was the 2nd time she'd been hit. It seems some 20 years ago, she was in a farmhouse that was struck. So, maybe she'd better get out and grab a fistful of Lotto Max or 649 tickets!
   Believe me, it's scary. I wasn't hit, but I had a very near miss a year ago. It happened after a line of storms had rolled over. I waited for the thunder, rain and wind to stop before I went out. In fact, the sky had started to clear. And just as I tossed the trash in the bin, I saw the most brilliant white flash of light I've ever seen, followed immediately by the loudest BANG I've ever heard. For some stupid reason I ducked, then high-tailed it into the house. Just in time to see a neighbor run OUT of his house, and look across the alley just feet from where I'd been.
   Needless to say, I rushed out and bought a lottery ticket, and needless to say, I didn't win. Not even a free play. I guess near misses don't count.
   'Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment