Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!...Revised

   While we in Canada celebrated Thanksgiving last month, today's the big day in the States, and I want to wish all my American friends and viewers a very Happy Thanksgiving.
   Not only is this a day for family, turkey dinners and pumpkin pie, but for many a day of travel to see family and have the big meal.
   And lets not forget all the U.S servicemen and women stationed in far flung parts of the world like Afghanistan. To all those folks, I wish you a peaceful day, and may you all return home safe from your current tour.
   I'm sure that after the meal (and the football games) a lot of people will be lining up at stores and malls waiting to get the Christmas shopping season underway with Black Friday. I hope this one goes a little more peaceful than some in the past.
   Anyway, tuck in to that turkey, sweet potatoes (if you like them), dressing and gravy. And if you overdo it, the Tums and Rolaids after.
   Earlier in this post, I mentioned pumpkin pie, and while a lot of people LOVE this, I don't. So I was overjoyed when a friend sent me this a couple years ago. It's simply titled "How Pumpkin Pies Are Made:

   From me in Canada, Happy Thanksgiving!
   'Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment