Saturday, October 5, 2013

Another Strange Ale Tale

   I've blogged about beer in the past. In fact, it was just last fall I blogged about the worlds strongest beer (see: "Now That's A Beer" October 18, 2012). Well, just in time for Oktoberfest 2013 comes the latest creation from the States.
   It's called "Celeste-jewel-ale", and it contains moon dust. Yup! Moon dirt. It seems the company brewing the beer, Dogfish Head, got some lunar meteorites, crushed them up and added them to an ale. Apparently, they wrote to a company that makes spacesuits, and they in turn provided the rocks. And enough material for 10 koozies.
   If you're hankering for one, you'd better book a flight to Delaware. And quick, because when the keg runs dry, that's it.
   Would I try it? Hell yeah! I've drunk some fucked up beers in the past, including one with an entire jalapeno in a bottle which could probably strip paint. So something with a little dirt wouldn't kill me. Unless there's a moon parasite that thrives and multiplies in beer. And a human stomach. Then I'd reconsider.
   'Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment