Sunday, December 16, 2012

It's "Merry Christmas"

   And it seems a Grinch in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan wants it cancelled. At least on transit buses. What I'm talking about is those programmable signs you see on city buses anywhere telling you the route name and number. But it appears in Toon Town, the "Merry Christmas" message has been scrolling in that window. And that's pissed off Ashu Solo. He's demanding the messages be removed, and an apology issued by the 22nd, or he'll lodge a complaint with that provinces Human Rights Commission.
   It also seems someone in that city's administration ORDERED their removal, which has sparked outrage among some council members. Not to mention the public. In fact, most people have no problem with the message. Other than Solo, who seems to think a public conveyance should not be scrolling a religious message.
   And it's not the first time this douche has bitched to the Commission. It seems he was steamed about a council member offering a prayer at a volunteer banquet.
   As you know, I'm an avowed atheist who has no use for religion in any way, shape or form. But I still wish people a "Merry Christmas". Especially since a lot of people do believe. I have no qualms about it, and I'm not going to blow a gasket over something as simple as a digital message on a bus.
   And if Solo has a problem with it, he can either shut the fuck up or get the fuck out of my country. We don't want you here. I have a lot of friends from different cultures and religions. Hell, my Muslim friends are the first to wish me Merry Christmas. And I'm just as likely to wish them a solemn and dignified Ramadan. They're not offended by our traditions and culture, especially since they chose to come here.
   So, Merry Christmas to All, except Ashu Solo, and to all a Good Night!
   'Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment