Saturday, February 25, 2012

It's A Shoe!

  So, police in Orlando, Florida had the riot gear out, and had to battle people pushing and shoving when they got out of control.
   Was it a racial riot?..No. Was it at a concert?..No. What was it then?. It was over a shoe. That's right, a fucking running shoe.
   But not just any garden variety run of the mill Keds or something like that. This was over a Nike. And not just any Nike..these puppies cost 220 bucks. American. For a fucking pair of shoes. O-kay, they're a limited edition, glow in the dark Nike released ahead of the NBA All-Star game. But they're still just shoes.
   No one was hurt or arrested after a crowd gathered outside a mall in Orlando jostling with each other trying to get one of these marvels of technology. But there was an arrest in Maryland when a crowd gathered there for the release.
   Given the hype over this, I'm surprised no one got shot or killed in a scuffle over these stupid things. I mean it's a fucking SHOE!! But then, people have been killed for less.
   And you can bet those lucky enough to buy a pair at 220 bucks American won't be wearing them much, with most taking pride of place in man-caves.
   Now, excuse me while I go to Wally's world with 220 bucks and buy a pair of running shoes. I have a feeling I'll be coming back with at least 150 in my jeans.
   'Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment