Friday, September 7, 2012

Trains 7, People 3

   We do indeed have an updated score, and apparently it happened last Friday, August 31. For some strange reason, I didn't hear about it until today.
   It happened in Saskatchewan (again), but this time near Saskatoon. Some small town called Grandora. I think. Anyway, it seems a 30 year old was lying on the tracks, and a freight ran over him. The engineer tried to stop, but couldn't.
   And unlike the guy in Thunder Bay, Ontario that survived being run over by lying still, this guy wasn't so fortunate.
   And moving off topic, there sure are a lot of weird town names in that province (although I'm sure there are in others too).
   For example, there's a place called "Elbow". There's even a place called Biggar. Their town slogan is "New York Is Big. This Is Biggar". And my favorite of all is (and I'm NOT making this up) Climax. I don't know what their slogan is, but I hope it's not "Come To Climax"!
   'Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment