Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Self Fulfilling Prophecy?

   It damn near was for one guy in the States recently. A story I saw on Yahoo says our hero was texting and driving at the same time. Illegal in a lot of States, Provinces and cities to say the least. In an ironic twist of fate, he sent a text to a buddy saying "I need to quit texting because I could die in a car accident".
   You know what happened next, don't you. Yup! Our guy lost control of his pick-up, flew over a bridge, and into a 35 foot deep ravine. And surprisingly, he's not up for a Darwin Award. He survived! Only just, but he survived.
   He did end up with a traumatic brain injury, fractured skull, broken neck, punctured lung, a busted face that needed reconstructive surgery AND other injuries. He ended up in hospital (according to the report I saw) for 6 months.
   He's now championing the cause of NOT texting while driving. And you know what? I applaud this guy. If his experience saves even one life, then his message has gotten across. And no snide comment or witty remark from me this time.
   'Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment