Monday, July 16, 2012

Trains 5, People 3....Maybe

   What is it about people in Regina, Saskatchewan, and trains anyway? Just yesterday I blogged about another narrow escape in what they call the Queen City, making it Trains 4, People 3.
   Well, I found out today that a guy died after being hit by a train. But the scorecard might go back to 4-3, depending on the victim himself.
   Seems cops there were told by railway workers the guy did jump in the path of the freight. But they don't know if the guy was trying to hop the freight (which I'm told is a pretty common occurrence in that province), or if it was a suicide.
   Since my tally is about those who remove themselves from the gene pool stupidly (ie: listening to music on ear buds while walking in front of a train), if it does turn out to be deliberate, the score will be 4-3.


   And a quick note from the rock world. The original keyboardist for one of my favourite bands growing up has died. Jon Lord was with Deep Purple in several incarnations of the band. He died after a fight with pancreatic cancer at age 71.
   R.I.P Jon.
   `Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment