Wednesday, July 9, 2014

The Final Is Set

   And it was Argentina over Netherlands 4-2 on penalty kicks, meaning it's Europe against South America in both the championship and 3rd place matches at the World Cup in Brazil. It wasn't a spectacular semi final, either. Both teams were very evenly matched. In fact, a little too evenly, since they couldn't get it done in regulation or extra time.
   I'm expecting Saturday's 3rd place game (which I won't be able to see) to be the more exciting of the 2 remaining matches. Traditionally, the gold medal game is more defensive minded, rather than offensive. And I don't think Argentina is going to get a pants-down spanking like Brazil got at the hands of the Germans either. Brazil, in the other hand, will be out for revenge Saturday, so the Dutch better hope the Germans left a few holes in the Yellow and Blue defence.
   And I'm now wondering which team Brazilian fans will cheer for Sunday. You'd expect it not to be Germany, after the 7-1 shit-kicking they handed out. But there's also a long rivalry with Argentina as well.
   If I was a betting man, which I'm not, I think I'd pick Brazil Saturday, and Germany Sunday. Which will likely be way fucking wrong!
   'Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment